Monday, September 13, 2010

T-shirt Re-Fashion

I went through my closet yesterday hunting for t-shirts that I could re-fashion into dresses for Lucy.  This turned out so cute, and now pretty much every shirt in my closet is at risk for being cut up and turned into a dress.  How can I resist?  Lucy looks much better in this than I ever did.

What I did was take in the sleeves and sides of the shirt to fit Lucy (using a shirt of hers as a pattern).  Then I threaded an elastic cord through the neck band so that the neck would fit hers.  Last, for the flower, I cut some strips from a navy blue shirt of mine, and some leaf shapes out of a black and white shirt of mine.  I made this while Lucy was out on a 5.5 mile bike ride with her daddy (he ran, she rode).  All together, it probably took me 20 minutes.  And I'm in love with the result. 
(and the model)


1 comment: