Saturday, September 04, 2010

Crew Cuts

Have you checked out JCrew's line for kids, Crew Cuts?  I was browsing through their website the other day and my heart panged because of how freaking amazingly wonderfully beautiful all of their children's clothes are - and how they are way too expensive for my budget.  (Seriously, $58 for a skirt for my 7 year old?  That is just not going to happen.)

So instead of getting depressed that I can't buy my daughters' wardrobes there, I got inspired and decided to see what I could re-produce.  I loved the skirt below - the golden mustard color is perfection.  So I went to my local fabric store, found something similar (on sale, $3 a yard!) and made this.  Mine is missing the cute little neon orange waist tie (which I loved) but other than that, I think its a pretty close match.  

Oh, so satisfying.

Theirs:


Mine:

5 comments:

Ms. Hobbs said...

Love it! Super cute. You are very talented.

Reagan said...

Awesome! She looks so cute!

tammy said...

good job! You are good.

Natelli Johnston said...

you are good. very very good. stop being so good at everything. I am crying now. cause I suck.

Kristin said...

Amazing. Adorable.