Friday, September 03, 2010

I am totally one of those moms.  You know - the moms who cry the day their baby starts kindergarten.  I used to roll my eyes and silently think "drama queen" when I heard moms say they cried on the first day of school.  I won't be doing that anymore.  I totally get it now.  I dropped Violet off at her class room, walked out the front doors of the school and totally lost it.  I surprised myself.  Violet going to school signifies a new chapter for my little family.  No more days at home, just me and Vi, snuggling on the couch together watching Tom and Jerry.  All I can think of is how at this stage - I am everything to her.  She admires and adores me.  She thinks I am magical and I can do no wrong in her eyes.  Before I know it she will be slamming her bedroom door in my face, rolling her eyes at me, and complaining to her friends that I am ruining her life.  (All of the things that I did to my mom when I was a teenager.)  My little clone is growing up and I'm definitely sad to say goodbye to this stage of parenthood.  I know I have a lot of amazing chapters ahead - and I am excited for those, but today, I'm a little sad.  


1 comment:

Turbo said...

Sooooooo cute. I love the hello kitty lunchbox.