Thursday, March 17, 2011

In a Rut. No More Gut. Hair Cut.

If I wasn't in such a blogging rut, you would all know that I:

Totally rocked my goal to get in the best shape of my life by my 34th birthday.  I did the math the other day and was totally SHOCKED when I realized that I have lost 45 pounds.  Yes, you read that right.  I am surprised that I even had 45 extra pounds on me - but apparently, I did.  When I made the goal to achieve my best body I weighed 150 or so....that has been a pretty consistent weight for me the past few years.  But, somehow I gained about 15 lbs between February (when I made my goal) and April - and achieved my all time high of 165.  (not counting pregnancies, in which I topped out at 200 - seriously).  Just this morning I was 119.  (you are all interested in the numbers right?)  Its incredible really.  I have not weighed less than 130 since I was in my early twenties.  I hardly recognize my body.  I have to admit though - I'm not actually in that great of shape.  Thin does not = healthy.  I am soft.  I am excited for the spring weather to get here so I can start running again - because I really just don't exercise much in the winter.  And I'm interested and excited to see how much easier it is to run with 45 less pounds to carry. 
I don't know if I have any good before / after pictures - but I'll check and try to post them later.

(Oh, and the second part of my goal was to get off zoloft.  Which I totally did.  Well, except for about 6 days of the month to combat PMS.  Totally helps.  And I'm fine with taking it that way vs every day of the month)


If I wasn't in such a blogging rut, you would also know that I:

Chopped my hair!  I love LOVE it.  I had been growing my hair out for about 5 years - and it was finally at the point where I would call it long.  I had been wanting to cut it for about a year, but couldn't bring myself to since it had been such a long road to growing it out.  But then I saw this:


 

And I decided to go for it.  And it just might be my favorite hair I've ever had.
Thanks Ashton!! 

(Ashton is my niece, and also my stylist.  She is amazing and just started a blog, which you can see here)


So that's what's up with me lately. 
What's up with you?

5 comments:

Ashton said...

Love the title, love your hair, and love the lack of gut. Just love you. Thanks for linking me up!!

Turbo said...

Geez, Michelle! Nice work. You timed it so well. I'm scrambling to get into shape for spring.

Reagan said...

Gorgeous. I love the haircut! And great job on the weight loss. I'm very proud of you!

tammy said...

You and your hair look amazing. I love your hair cut. I am jealous of its sassiness.

Beth said...

Ugh! I'm insanely jealous right now. I need to get in shape, but can't seem to stick with a diet to save my life!

Love the hair cut! Super cute!