Friday, July 11, 2008

Pillows and Hair Cuts:

In preparation for our photo shoot for Utah Style and Design magazine next week, I loaded up on pillows for the living room, and got the dog a haircut. (he will be pictured in the magazine as well.) Since we moved into our new house, I have felt that my living room is too masculine. I haven't known exactly what to do to soften it up. I'm thinking about changing out the rug, but that isn't something I can afford to do right now. So I decided, PILLOWS! What, besides a boob, is more feminine and soft than a pillow? I bought some from Ikea, one from Pier One Imports, and I made the one with the yellow birds (my personal favorite).

Doesn't Todd look handsome with practically no hair?

Photobucket

7 comments:

Kristina P. said...

The one you made is great. I love pillows, or "pellows", in Utah. Your dog looks so regal, up on the pillows.

tammy said...

your family is going to look like the perfect american family. All blonde and blue eyed with a dog and a fence. (Hitler would be so proud of your kids by the way)I am so excited to see it. And the pillows look great but maybe you should flash a boob just in case.

Anonymous said...

Mush, I do that that AH fabric. I bought the same exact fabric when it first came out and then I just got a couple more yards of it. Pillows are a good idea!
A boob is much better, or so Ive heard but the canary pillow is a close second.

rerah968 said...

I have been wanting to spice up my house a little bit as well. I feel like there are too many neutral colors in my house. I want to liven up my space with some color, but maybe I'll just flash a boob instead.

Ms. Hobbs said...

I love that Todd is a trophy dog. Poor guy. He's just a pretty face.

mushbelly said...

Marie - what have you made with the canary fabric? Can you believe I found it at Joanne's? Every once in awhile you can find Alexander Henry fabrics there. I was surpirsed when I saw this one though...I had been eyeing it online and wanting some, so I was excited when I saw it at the Wal*Mart of fabric stores, Joanne's.

Lacey said...

I'm sure those pillows could give some fake boobies a run for their money on the soft, feminine front. ;)