Tuesday, June 07, 2011

San Clemente - Round 10 (or so)

I'm making plans to go visit my sister Marie in San Clemente later this month.  Marie's house is the ideal vacation destination.  She makes us chocolate croissants and takes us to the beach.  And there are rumors that a striped maxi dress in my size is waiting there for me.  We have to put up with her grumpy husband, but he usually buys us dinner at least once, and Marie's amazingness totally makes up for the rest. 
(I'm totally kidding - Phil is amazing too and is so nice to let us come invade his house and take over his family a few times every summer.  I just like to give him a hard time - we love you too Phil!  Violet is looking forward to hugging you again)

 This time my all time most best BFF, Teresa, is going to come with us, which is going to make it all that much funner!

Things I am looking forward to:

Chocolate Croissants
The rumored maxi dress
Trader Joes
H&M
Reading on Marie's front porch
Phil buying us dinner (at least once)
Wearing a bikini and a sun hat while sipping lemonade that may or may not be spiked 
(it will be spiked)
Sewing something with my sister
Cooking delicious meals with my sister
Hanging out with my sister
Listening to Violet and Belen play
The San Clemente Pier
Sharing all of these amazing things with Teresa

I'm so lucky. 












Oh, and add Man Fries to the list of things I'm looking forward to. 
Man Fries or Kaluah Pork Nachos.  
Maybe both.



7 comments:

tammy said...

So fun!!!!

Teresa said...

I'm so excited, I just can't hide it! I know, I know, I know, I know... I ??? I can't remember the rest of the words. Anyway - Yay!

Cheryl said...

Man fries: oh wow!
I am jealous!

Surf Widow said...

We just stocked up on chocolate croissants! I'm so excited!
p.s. Phil isn't grumpy. He's from Boston.

mushbelly said...

Maire - I know he's not really grumpy. I also don't really expect him to buy us dinner. I'm just grateful he lets us come stay and take over his family and house!!

Nicole said...

If you need suggestion on what to spike the lemonade with, might I suggest sweet tea vodka. I've been drinking a lot of lemonade recently. :)

mushbelly said...

Sweet Tea Vodka - that sounds good. I usually do Absolute Citron Vodka - but I'm open to trying new things :) Thanks for the tip Nicole.