Sunday, May 22, 2011

Where I've been

This past week my family took a road trip to Hood River, Oregon

You might remember that just over a year ago I met my biological mother.  She lives in Hood River and invited us out to visit.  (Thank you Sharree!!)
It was sunny and beautiful the whole time we were there - then last night we rolled into Salt Lake at about midnight - and it was raining.
( I think Alanis Morissette would call that ironic) 

Highlights of the trip:

Kids barely whined or complained the whole 24 hours we were in the car (Wow!)

Seeing Amanda Seyfried and her dog at Multnomah Falls.  We actually talked to her and pet her dog. 
(I didn't take a picture, but if I did, it would have looked like this)

 
Seeing Multnomah Falls




Mike's Ice cream
(we went here three times)


 My Bio sister Candice and her boyfriend Nic enjoying their ice cream. 
And Lucy in the background, awaiting her next patient.


I did a fish braid


I went for a 2 mile run
...and I enjoyed it!  I haven't run since last summer - so I was proud of myself.
(It was actually 1.9 miles but that doesn't sound as good)


We went on some hikes

 


My Bio sister Karrie turned 18

Actually, the whole trip was a highlight.  We had so much fun and can't wait to do it all again!





3 comments:

Ashton said...

Looks like such a fun trip :) So cool that you got to meet a celebrity and eat lots of ice cream, that sounds like the perfect vacation.

Turbo said...

There is some seriously awesome stuff going on in this post. Very cool, Michelle.

tammy said...

It looks fun! I love the overexposed picture of you and lucy.