Monday, April 25, 2011

Happy Spring Break

Last week was spring break for my girls, so me and my sister-in-law Tammy and our friend Kimi packed up our kids and went South for the week.  We followed the sun to St. George - where it was in the high 70's and low 80's all week.  We didn't do anything except sit by the pool wearing bikinis and sun hats, reading gossip magazines, and drinking limeade that may or may not have been spiked. 
 
It was perfect.
Violet only almost drowned once.



At night after the kids went to bed, we ate sugary treats and watched movies.  We watched City Island, The Importance of Being Earnest, Black Swan, 127 Hours, and the very first episode of the very first season of Ally McBeal.  (Holy crap that show is so outdated.  I remember it being so cutting edge.  Seeing the fashion and hair on that show now makes me feel so old.)  
And remember that dancing baby?  That dancing baby was so creepy.



All of the movies were very good and I recommend them all.

I was the first adult to go to bed every night and the last one to wake up every morning.  And that was with me going to bed after midnight and waking up before 9 am.  Apparently, Tammy and Kimi are robots who don't sleep. 





4 comments:

Ashton said...

Dancing baby. hahaha Glad that Violet is still around too. So good to see you guys on Sunday :)

tammy said...

I am so depressed that we are not there. I was so sad on Sunday. I hate when vacations end. I had so much fun! You are gorgeous.

Reagan said...

I had never herd of city island until Jake an I watched it about a month ago! I loved every minute of it! Your trip slides fun!

I'm on my way to Utah, if I have a spare second (and you two too) I'd love to see you guys in real life for a maybe maybe not spike limeade.

Love reags

mushbelly said...

Heck yes Reagan!